* Sign up for our next Cheese, Butter and Yogurt Class, taking place Sunday, August 30th
* Sigh up for our next Spiritual Gardening: Dowsing & Agriculture Class, taking place Saturday, August 29th
Join our e-news list and receive updates on products, workshops and other opportunities.
Earthwise Farm and Forest is a certified organic, draft-animal powered family farm located in Bethel, Vermont, and operated by Carl Russell and Lisa McCrory. We produce and sell certified organic milk, poultry (chicken and heritage turkey), beef, garlic, vegetables, flowers, and non-organic (though gmo-free) eggs, pork and lumber.
The emphasis of our farming enterprise is to function as a self-sufficient 'whole farm organism', applying ecological principles of Holistic Management, biodynamics, dowsing, motive (animal) power, and renewable energy to create healthy vibrant food and forest products for our family and our local community. Everything on our farm is raised using a process of intention and intuition to validate the unseen energy of Life's creative process. The name of our farm points to our belief in the inherent wisdom of established processes of the Earth, and that as we work to secure what we need from the land, we also need to validate those processes as our most valuable resources.
- To learn more about us, go here
- To Read our July 2015 E-Newsletter, go Here
- To read past E-Newsletters, go Here
Products for 2015 Growing Season
A summary of our products currently for sale are listed below. We are making final plans for our 2015 growing season and welcome reservations/pre-orders for organic chicken, organic heritage turkey, and pastured pork. Contact us by phone or email for more information.
|| WHEN AVAILABLE
|Organic Raw Milk
$4/half gallon - Pre-order only
Pick up at the farm
- Pasture-raised and GMO-Free
$5.70/lb for 5 or more birds
Available late August/September
- Pasture-raised; Nine generations GMO-Free
$8.99/lb if reserved before October 1, 2015
Available for Thanksgiving
| Organic Garlic
| Organic Cabbage
| Pasture-Raised Eggs (GMOFree, not certified organic)
Upcoming On-Farm Workshops
1) The Family Cow - Caring for your milk cow: housing, feeding, grazing management, cow & calf health, plus hand-milking tips! Taking place Sunday, August 9th - sign up! find a link to the workshop HERE.
2) Sign up for our next Spiritual Gardening: Dowsing & Agriculture Class, taking place Saturday, August 29th from 1pm - 4:30 pm
3) Sign up for our next Cheese, Butter and Yogurt Class, taking place Sunday, August 30th from 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
On-Farm Education & Consulting Services:
Farm Tours and Educational Learning: Bring a group to the farm for a Farm Tour or an educational activity; from harvesting or planting vegetables to visiting our farm animals, to making products out of farm fresh milk. We are willing to custom-fit your visit to meet the interests of your group. Willing to work with school groups, campers, kids or adults. Email us for more info.
We offer a number of On-Farm Workshops throughout the year, and are available to speak at conferences or workshops covering topics that include: Management Intensive Grazing, Draft Animal Power, Animal-Powered Timber Harvest, Ecological Forestry, Holistic Management, Dowsing & Agriculture, and Small Scale Homestead Farming.
Consulting services Include Grazing Management Strategies, Whole Farm Planning, and Horse Logging.
- Our Farm and Farm Products are Certified Organic by VOF (Vermont Organic Farmers), www.nofavt.org
- Learn more about Dowsing: sign up for our Dowsing and Agriculture Class
- Proud Members of Rural Vermont! Please support their efforts of building a vibrant, local food system. Become a Rural Vermont Member today!