- Sign up for our Dowsing and Agriculture Class (Saturday, April 18th)
- Sign up for our Cheese, Butter and Yogurt Making Class (Sunday, April 26th)
Join our e-news list and receive updates on products, workshops and other opportunities.
Earthwise Farm and Forest is a certified organic, draft-animal powered family farm located in Bethel, Vermont, and operated by Carl Russell and Lisa McCrory. We produce and sell certified organic milk, poultry (chicken and heritage turkey), beef, garlic, vegetables, flowers, and non-organic (though gmo-free) eggs, pork and lumber.
The emphasis of our farming enterprise is to function as a self-sufficient 'whole farm organism', applying ecological principles of Holistic Management, biodynamics, dowsing, motive (animal) power, and renewable energy to create healthy vibrant food and forest products for our family and our local community. Everything on our farm is raised using a process of intention and intuition to validate the unseen energy of Life's creative process. The name of our farm points to our belief in the inherent wisdom of established processes of the Earth, and that as we work to secure what we need from the land, we also need to validate those processes as our most valuable resources.
Products for 2015 Growing Season
A summary of our products currently for sale are listed below. We are making final plans for our 2015 growing season and welcome reservations/pre-orders for organic chicken, organic heritage turkey, and pastured pork. Contact us by phone or email for more information.
|| WHEN AVAILABLE
|Organic Raw Milk
|| $4/half gallon - Pre-order only
- Pasture-raised and GMO-Free
Organic Heritage Turkey
* small birds remaining
Upcoming On-Farm Workshops
1) Dowsing and Agriculture: Saturday, April 18th, 2015. This workshop will show you how you can use dowsing in your farming and gardening endeavors: from garden layout and design, working with Nature Spirits, Garden Devas and earth energies, picking out your seeds, determining soil nutrient needs, and much more. You will come away with not only a sense of the vast potential of dowsing for agriculture, but for all aspects of you life.
2) Cheese, Butter and Yogurt Making: Sunday, April 26th, 2015. Learn how to make delicious soft cheeses, yogurt and butter in your own kitchen! Get acquainted with using butter molds and adding herbs, or other flavors to your final product. With simple instruction and good quality raw milk, it is an easy and exciting activity providing nutritious, quality food for your family.
On-Farm Education & Consulting Services:
Farm Tours and Educational Learning: Bring a group to the farm for a Farm Tour or an educational activity; from harvesting or planting vegetables to visiting our farm animals, to making products out of farm fresh milk. We are willing to custom-fit your visit to meet the interests of your group. Willing to work with school groups, campers, kids or adults.
We offer a number of On-Farm Workshops throughout the year, and are available to speak at conferences or workshops covering topics that include: Management Intensive Grazing, Draft Animal Power, Animal-Powered Timber Harvest, Ecological Forestry, Holistic Management, Dowsing & Agriculture, and Small Scale Homestead Farming.
Consulting services Include Grazing Management Strategies, Whole Farm Planning, and Horse Logging.
- Our Farm and Farm Products are Certified Organic by VOF (Vermont Organic Farmers), www.nofavt.org
- Learn more about Dowsing: sign up for our Dowsing and Agriculture Class
- Proud Members of Rural Vermont! Please support their efforts of building a vibrant, local food system. Become a Rural Vermont Member today!