Articles by Carl Russell and Lisa McCrory
Earthwise Farm and ForestWe both enjoy writing, and over the years have accumulated a number of articles that we will post here on our website.
Please ask permission if you are interested in reprinting any of these articles for distribution in published material.
Articles by Carl Russell
- Draft Animals Play a Vital Role in Forestry (2008) - DraftAnim.VitalRoleinForestry2008.CBRussell.pdf
- Food From Thought (2003) - Food From Thought.2003.CBRussell.pdf
- Bob Sledding Logs (2000) - Bobsledding Logs.CBRussell.2000.pdf
- A Mast for the Philadelphia (1997) - A Mast for the Philadelphia.pdf
Articles by Lisa McCrory
- Caring for Your Organic Cow (2009) - published on eOrganic's website
- Grazing Fundamentals, 2011 Vermont Grazing Conference (4.7 MB)
- How Much Feed Is Out There? Calculating & Balancing Pasture Forage, 2011 Vermont Grazing Conference
- Pasture Worksheet: Created by the UVM Pasture Management Outreach Program (1992-1995), this worksheet will help you determine how much pasture acreage you will need for your animals from the beginning of the season to the end.
- Where's Ma Cows Worksheet: Created by the UVM Pasture Management Outreach Program (1992 - 1995), this worksheet will help you keep track of where you animals have grazed. You can easily use this for other livestock as well.
(Go to Lisa McCrory's Consulting Services page to learn more about her background, interests, classes offered, and speaking schedule)