Spring Is On Its Way - Promise!
Soooo... it looks like we are experiencing an extended winter...but have no fear... this too shall pass. We farmers are sticking to our calendar; planting seeds, tapping trees, and preparing for the upcoming growing season. It won't be long before the warm weather comes and Spring will bounce forth with joy and celebration.
As we wait for warm sunny days, we are launching our next series of On-Farm Workshops. A short list of the classes and links to them are included in this e-News. And it is not too early to think about reserving your organic Chicken, organic Thanksgiving Heritage Turkeys or (new) Muscovy Duck for the 2019 season.
We are "patiently" waiting for the Maple sugaring season to get under way and have a small amount of 2018 Maple Syrup remaining in case you are in need. Contact us if you are interested. Only Quart cans and 12 oz jars left in stock.
We have lots of great new adventures taking place on the farm this year, and can't wait to tell you about them! 2019 is going to be an exciting year, so Stay Tuned!!
Upcoming Events and Gatherings:
1) Central Vermont Dowsers & Metaphysical Gathering: Saturday, March 9th from 10am - 12:30 at BALE in South Royalton, VT. Come learn how to dowse and learn some new things you can do with your dowsing skills. Each monthly meeting will feature a speaker/topic. This month's topic will be on Spiritual Gardening. $5 recommended donation. For more info, or to let us know you are coming, contact Karen Eddings or Lisa McCrory
2) The Soil Series: Grassroots for the Climate Emergency - This 6 part series takes place on Wednesday evenings: 2/27, 3/13, 3/20, 3/27, 4/10, and 4/24, (meeting in Randolph, VT) and will facilitate important conversations about soil health and how we can become response-able to meet the climate emergency we face with confidence. Fore more info, go here.
3) Have you heard about Bethel University?? In its 6th year, Bethel University offers free courses throughout the month of March offered by your friends and neighbors. What a wonderful way to come together and share what we know! Go here for more details and take a class.
Workshops Scheduled at Earthwise Farm & Forest
We will continue to plot our classes for the 2019 calendar year. For now, here is what we have planned for March - early May. Spread the word!
1) Butter, Yogurt and Cheese Making Class - Sunday, March 17th from 1:00 - 4:30 pm. Celebrate St Patrick's Day with a friend! Perhaps we can try making some green cheese to mark the day. For more details, go HERE
2) Spiritual Gardening: Dowsing & Agriculture Class - Sunday, March 24th from 1:00 - 4:30 pm. A perfect time to develop a deeper relationship with your land and animals through dowsing. Learn some techniques to get you started. Includes handout and dowsing tool. For more details, go HERE.
3) The Family Cow Workshop - Sunday, April 14th from 12:30 - 5:00 pm. One of our cows is due to calve in late April, so we thought this would be a perfect time to share our experiences and how we prepare for the momentous occasion. Class includes a handout and some sample products from our class sponsors. For more details, go HERE.
4) Management Intensive Grazing for the Diversified Farm - Sunday, May 5th from 10 am - 4 pm. Whether you have one group of animals, or a few different species, this class will introduce you to important aspects of grazing management and how different groups of animals can be managed to build vibrant productive pastures, healthy livestock, and a thriving whole farm system. For more details, go HERE.
Warm Wishes from all of us at Earthwise Farm & Forest!!
Carl, Lisa, Tuilelaith,Timber and Bazel
Bethel, VT 05032