Celebrating Life, Love, and True Farming Bliss
Our growing season has taken off with some wonderful new additions to the farm!
Aside from the annual arrival of piglets, chickens, turkeys, and calves, we decided to invest in a small 12 x 24 green house to grow some heat-loving plants, and to offer comfortable housing for our chickens in the winter. We also invited Sterling College student, John Smolinsky, to spend the summer with us where he hopes to learn a few things from us in the process. Two weeks into the experience, John has become a part of the family, and the learning process has been a two-way street.
* Growing tomatoes, melons, peppers, basil and cucumbers in the greenhouse & John milking Cocoa in the pasture (a daily routine)
* Hatched on the farm, are our 2013 Layer Pullets and our Heritage Turkey Chicks The turkey chicks will be perfect size by Thanksgiving, and we are taking orders for Thanksgiving and Christmas Turkey. Pre-order before October 1st and save! Go HERE for more information, or Contact Us if you would like to reserve a turkey today.
* Our Meat Birds are purchased as day-olds from Freedom Ranger Hatchery. These birds are certified organic, raised on pasture, and will be ready for sale (fresh or frozen) by late July. Order your meat birds before June 30th and Save! Go HERE for more information.
* We also have some Gloucester Old-Spot pigs (non-organic) renovating some of our rough pastures and will have some pork for sale this fall. We will be selling by the half and the whole. For more information, go HERE. They are growing fast!
Garlic, Veggie, and Cut Flowers
We planted a lot of garlic, potatoes, onions, greens, tomatoes, basil, and flowers and will be marketing them from the farm. When products are ready for harvest, we will let you know! Our boys are building a produce stand, so we will have a roadside stand for passers-by. We look forward to filling your pantry with delicious, seasonal food. Pre-Orders of product are always preferred so that we can make sure that your items are as fresh as can be.
Don't forget that we ALWAYS have eggs (non-organic, GMO-free), and organic milk available. Please pre-order your milk; the eggs and milk are kept in our Farm-Stand refrigerator (self-serve).
Upcoming Workshops at Earthwise Farm and Forest - Pre-registration required
1) Cheese, Butter, Yogurt Making Class - Sunday, June 30th from 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
2) Caring for Your Family Milk Cow & Calf - Saturday, July 13th from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Upcoming Events (that you DON'T want to miss)
1) American Society of Dowsers Annual Convention - June 5 - 10, 2013 at Lyndon State College in Lyndonville, VT - The American Society of Dowsers National Convention is an unforgettable
week where hundreds of dowsers and metaphysical practitioners come
together for fun, education, and promotion of dowsing. With dozens of
presentations, as well as dowsing schools, workshops, one-of-a-kind
vendors, wellness practitioners, and two keynote evenings, the ASD
National Convention is a life-changing event for its attendees. Schools
and Workshops take place June 5, 6 and 10. Convention Presentations and
Keynotes take place June 7, 8, 9. For more information, go HERE.
2) The Vermont Traditional Foods and Health Symposium - June 13 - 15, 2013 at Shelburne Farms in Shelburne, VT
Come learn the core principles of traditional diets, inspired
by the teachings of the Weston A. Price Foundation, and explore how
embracing this lifestyle can contribute to one’s health, wellness and
longevity. Thursday evening: Film Screening: Genetic Roulette, The Gamble of Our Lives; A Film By Jeffrey Smith, Narrated By Linda Oz. For more information, go HERE.
3) Draft Animal-Power Field Days - September 28-29, 2013 at the Barton Fairgrounds in Barton, VT
Equipment & Training Demonstrations; Yoke & Harness Fitting, Making & Styles; Considerations for Animal Powered Forestry & Vegetable Operations; Haying, Plowing & Fieldwork Demonstrations; ... and so much MORE! You don't want to miss this event. For more information, go HERE
Looking forward to sharing the bounty with you this year!
Carl Russell and Lisa McCrory
Earthwise Farm and Forest
Bethel, VT 05032